Sunday 3 August 2008

Hi, This is Paula

Life’s is just so busy..... there’s a full time job, a partner, the kids, a couple of cats, a home life and seeing as I’d prefer not to live in a flea infested pit with E-Coli potentially lurking in the kitchen, I also have cleaning, ironing .... the lists goes on. My busy life is made doubly busy because my 12 year old Laura is a GB gymnast who trains 25 hours a week including two mornings before school. My 9 year old Tom also has a busy social life with cricket, trampolining, swimming and shortly Circus Skills. I am therefore a taxi service too!


How do you fit everything in and still manage to keep up with a running programme? I’m training for a half marathon at the moment – my PB is 1.44 and I’m aiming for 1.40. This is my motivation. If I didn’t put myself forward for these races and potentially a PB I’m sure I’d opt for wine over running. But then again possibly not. It’s fab being able to eat cake without developing a rather grand muffin top... but not so fab when I look down at my bra and wonder where my boobs have gone? Anyway, I digress. I print off a couple of running programmes, stick them inside the coat cupboard, start off really well crossing off the days as I go. Feeling rather smug, "Hey hey, I've done 23 miles this week." And then real life kicks in. David (he's my partner) is off on another business trip abroad, Tom has activities which run on the same night as Laura's training. There's no chance of sneaking in a quick six miles while they're both out as they're at opposite ends of Wiltshire. The following week, something else comes up and then before I know it, the training plan is out of the window and I'm back to doing my own thing.


At the end of the day I wouldn't swap my life - I thrive on running around like a mad woman and even sometimes, when I feel like I'm going to meet myself coming back, I'm grateful for my life, my kids ....... and my Garmin!









1 comment:

Cindy said...

Hi! Good luck with the blog--and the running. I look forward to reading about it!